PALM BEACH, FLORIDA – On the evening of September 18, authorities stopped Henry Horton IV, 19, on the road for a traffic stop. What they found in his car was stated to be super disturbing. 

The police had found four written threats that Horton had made in his car on the night of the traffic stop. He stated to have planned to conduct a mass shooting and stabbing spree at Okeechobee High School, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, and a church in Florida. 

Horton is being charged with making written threats to kill. 

According to Fox News, Horton was initially pulled over for a broken headlight. After asking for his consent, the officer searched his vehicle. He found handwritten pages of paper stating that Horton was planning to purchase a firearm and carry out a mass casualty event at OHS, which police later discovered meant Okeechobee High School.

After arresting and interviewing Horton, officers were told that he had planned on killing an administrator at Okeechobee High School, which is the school that he graduated from just last year.

The affidavit that was released stated that “Horton was planning on executing the plan on his 22nd birthday, January 2, 2026, at approximately 1130 hours”. He had been also planning to drive down to a church named ‘El Rey Jesus’ and go on a stabbing spree after he had committed the mass shootings. Horton stated to the police that he has mental health issues and has committed himself to a mental health facility in the past. 

The officer who had stopped Horton during the traffic stop had allegedly asked him where he was headed. Authorities now believe that he was heading to El Rey Jesus church in Miami to survey the area of where he was planning to commit a mass crime. 

When arresting him, the authorities told him that he would be charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and then he was transported to a hospital for a mental health evaluation. When asked by police why he wanted to commit these crimes he told them that he just wanted to attack a bunch of people.

When asked by police if he had canvased anywhere else that he wanted to commit a mass casualty event at, Horton claimed that he had went on a school day to a church outside of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the school that had tragically lost many students on February 14, 2018 when a student opened fire at the school, and watch students walking outside. He has stated that he went to and canvased the school about a month before he was stopped at a traffic stop. 

The officers had gotten Hortons consent to search his phone. They found plans in his notes app for his 22 birthday, which is when he planned to commit the mass murders.In his manifesto letter, Horton states that he wanted to kill as many people as possible. The note goes on to discuss how he would start his plan, he claims to want to start the attack at a Walmart,followed by Okeechobee High School, then he would attack a church in Charlotte, North Carolina. He then states that he had planned to attack the United Nations Building as well as his own father and stepmother. 

Horton described wanted to commit a mass murder in every southern state along the way to New York. He then goes into detail about who in his own life that he wanted to attack which he mentions his stepmother, father, and his own boyfriend. Horton is now being charged with making written threats to harm others. He is currently in jail awaiting his day in court. 

Leave a comment

Welcome to the Behrend Beacon

We are the newspaper for the Penn State Behrend campus, serving the students, administration, faculty, staff, and visitors of our university.
Our goal is to shed light on important issues, share the accomplishments of Behrend and Penn State as a whole, and to build connections between writers, editors, and readers.

Let’s connect